Switch is a multi-award winning Platinum Sitecore partner with Sitecore Commerce & Content Hub specialisations. We are in an exciting period of growth, which has resulted in the need for us to level-up our testing procedures and technologies. This role will see the successful candidate taking a key role in shaping and developing the future of our testing methodology.
Testing is core to delivering great software applications, at Switch we are looking for someone who not only understands this but has experience applying test methodologies to deliver great outcomes on our Sitecore enterprise solutions in fast-moving and agile environments.
Being passionate about delivering great customer experiences through digital, you will be required to lead and coordinate testing activities across our Software Development Life Cycle, collaborating with the wider Delivery Team in producing quality solutions.
our previous experience with the Sitecore Experience platform is essential in applying for this specific role. Exhibitable experience with Sitecore XP, Experience Commerce and / or Content Hub is essential.
Please note that without prior Sitecore experience, you will not be considered for this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining acceptance tests, integrating these into the software build and deployment pipeline.
- Review and analyse high-level business, design and technical requirements in order to define test strategies, plans and procedures for our Sitecore solutions.
- Participate in team planning to produce & execute test plans that will thoroughly verify software to an agreed level of test coverage in adherence with the agreed test strategy, test processes and project timescales.
- Prepare, write and execute test scripts for system testing, encompassing scripted and ad-hoc methods, manual and automated and adherence with the agreed test plan.
- Using 3rd party tools to conduct non-functional testing, such as JMeter for performance testing, and experience checking for common security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10.
- Conduct regular regression testing where applicable and maintain a high standard of regression scripts.
- Record defects descriptively and accurately, managing through to final resolution.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project team on test coverage, progress, defect status, time scales and overall product quality.
- Updating the Project Manager and Development team on current project status. Highlighting and escalating potential blockers, showstoppers and risks issues to the team.
- Supporting the Project Manager with the management of UAT and the tracking of client sign-off
- Assist with queries raised out of UAT as they arise.
- Take ownership of QA, establishing a level of knowledge to provide subject matter expertise, consultation and training both internally and for our clients.
- Work in conjunction with our Tech Leads to research and adopt new/existing test strategies, frameworks and technologies that work with our Switch methodology.
Qualifications & Experience
University Degree or TAFE level equivalent in an IT related field is desirable but not necessary. We value common sense as highly as any degree, so don’t be put off from applying if you don’t have a formal qualification.
Minimum 2 years software testing and professional software development experience.
Your previous experience with the Sitecore Experience platform is essential in applying for this specific role. Exhibitable experience with Sitecore XP, Experience Commerce and / or Content Hub is essential
- Familiarity with requirements analysis, user stories, acceptance criteria and test case design from high level requirements.
- Experience in evaluating the scope of work and providing accurate test effort estimations.
- Experience generating well-structured test reports and defect management.
- Thorough knowledge of structured testing methodologies and procedures.
- Experience designing, writing and executing test scripts using relevant tools and frameworks, and knowing when to use them appropriately.
- Experience in testing digital / web-based applications
- Appreciation of usability, visual design and general aesthetics of software
- Test environment management, ability to define testing requirements for environments.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of and experience with fundamental types of testing, namely - Unit, Cross Browser, Regression, Smoke, Functional, Security and Performance Tests
- Familiar with API testing - Postman, Charles Proxy, Swagger, SoapUI, Runscope
- Administration and configuration of testing tools
- Experience with Sitecore XP, Experience Commerce and / ore Content Hub
- Formal training and certification in software testing
- Formal training and certification in Agile frameworks
- Integration of automated test procedures within the development and deployment pipelines.
- Previous experience with JIRA and/or TestRail for test and task management
- Familiar with GUI automation - Selenium/Cypress
- Understanding of Agile Software Development Principles.
- Familiar with CMS testing across other platforms (including but not limited to) Sitecore/Umbraco/Kentico/
- Proven experience driving issues to resolution.
- You follow processes but understand that in fluid environments you’ll need to be flexible and pragmatic to complete the task at hand.
- Demonstrable capacity to listen, learn and educate others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to adapt your approach to work with varied personality types and cultures
- Ability to multi-task under pressure in a continually changing environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Proactive approach to all aspects of work and personal development.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- An awareness of and appreciation for commercial considerations
- Experience working in a digital agency
Let’s get started
Excellent rewards, a fantastic work environment and awesome career opportunities await the right person - be part of a growing and dynamic business. Remuneration is at market rate, reflective of your skills / experience
To apply, send us:
- a little about yourself
- your salary expectations
- availability, and...
- your resumé
One last thing ...
The role will be remote while we’re in WFH mode during COVID. Once we return to the office, the role will be on-site in our Sydney office at 9 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Applications are open to Australian residents only. Recruiters please do not contact us in relation to this role. All applications are treated as highly confidential.