At Switch we’re a pretty relaxed bunch of designers, project managers and developers. We are a multiple award winning agency that love delivering solutions that really help our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer that has recently developed solutions for Coates, Cancer Council, Yamaha, Accor, The Wiggles, and Teachers Mutual Bank.
- Help drive an industry best platform even further with your own ideas!
- Work with a super talented team
- Build on your experience
- Have a voice the team and make a difference
About the Role
It’s an exciting time at Switch with significant growth in our team and new business, so were looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to deliver excellence for our customers.
We’re looking someone who can lead the front-end development within a project team and is comfortable working in close collaboration with customers.
As an effective collaborator you will be able to contribute directly on projects in a quick and efficient manner, as well as working with less experienced members of your team to help increase both their quality and velocity.
With a keen eye, attention to detail and creative flair you are able to develop elegant solutions that bring life to designer’s visions.
We are looking a developer with a minimum of 5 years experience and who have experience in:
- Working in an agency environment with enterprise CMS
- Large, complex projects with multiple integrations
- Software design principles
- Agile working practices
- Identifying potential risks and issues and communicating effectively to the wider project team
- Working closely with engineering and design teams utilising UX, UI principles and best practices
- Mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced members of the team
- Devops tools experience (Git, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Developing Progressive Web Apps, Service works and AMP
- Leading the front-end project setup, design and ongoing maintenance of solutions.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Expert integrating with API endpoints
- Expert at writing performant, scalable and reusable UI components
- Proficient building on a headless CMS
- Proficient using NodeJS to create task-runners, build tools and bundlers (webpack) and package management (NPM)
- Expert with version control systems (namely Git)
- Power user of Visual Studio Code or a similar IDE and the browsers built-in development tools
- Expert knowledge and application of front-end performance optimisation techniques
- Expert at planning and estimating front-end development work accurately
- Proficient at writing technical documentation
- Proficient developing for WCAG AA standards or higher
- Proficient at implementing SEO standards; including url structure, redirects, sitemaps, semantic markup, structured data, metadata etc
- Proficient at implementing custom GA/GTM events to defined specifications
Nice To Haves
Not absolutely essential to the position, but it would be great if you had knowledge or exposure to:
- Strong understanding of TypeScript
- Familiar with SCRUM / Agile methodologies
Even if you’re not expert at everything listed above, you should be interested in expanding your skills, learning from your peers and from your own practice. You listen to feedback, you pursue improvement and you give yourself room to feel satisfied with what you’ve accomplished.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both the technical and visual aspects of the role.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and an ability to think logically with excellent problem solving skills.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- You’re able to follow procedures and standards, but also be confident with introducing new ideas wherever you think improvements can be made
Let’s get started
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity and you’re interested in joining our growing team, please apply by sending a copy of your CV and cover letter outlining:
- Why you should make it onto our shortlist for an interview
- A key project that you’re super proud to have delivered
- Salary expectations (including super), and...
- Your availability
This position is based in our Sydney office at 100 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and supports hybrid working environments (In Office & WFH).
Switch are an equal opportunity employer - we celebrate the diversity of our team and we believe that those focused on producing the best work create the greatest outcomes for our customers and themselves.
Applications are open to Australian residents only. Recruiters please do not contact us in relation to this role. All applications are treated as highly confidential.