Switch seeks a bright, energetic, UX designer to join our growing agency. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the enterprise digital solutions space. As a UX designer at Switch, you will play a critical role in helping Switch with outbound sales and account based sales strategies that directly support the business net new revenue targets.
Switch is an award winning team of digital natives, recently we've won Sydney Design Award, Good Design Award, Sitecore Experience Award and shortlisted in the B&T Awards for best digital transformation.
This candidate will be responsible for building a clean and effective user experience for our customers. By working cross-functionally, this candidate will understand needs from the product management, engineering, and business stakeholders and will be able to build solutions that fit those needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Design and iterate on concepts, interfaces, components and other design deliverables in a fast-paced team environment.
- Develop personas, customer journeys, conceptual diagrams & sketches, wireframes and prototypes to ensure our customers requirements are clearly captured.
- Use business objectives and customer research to clearly identify requirements, converting these into user stories.
- Create and introduce efficient and reusable design assets and templates.
- Identifying and proposing improvements to processes and tools for the business.
- Facilitate the design process, presenting UX & Design deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate and conduct design-based workshops with external stakeholders.
- Facilitate and conduct user testing sessions.
- Taking ownership and accountability of projects that you are responsible for.
- Writing and maintaining documentation based on your UX & design decisions. Ensuring all are aware of important decisions and functionality.
University Degree or TAFE level equivalent in a design related field is desirable, but not necessary. We value common sense as highly as any degree, so don’t be afraid of having a go.
3 + years industry experience in a design related role, successfully designing customer-first projects in complex, fast-moving environments, preferably for a digital agency.
You have contributed to projects that are at a similar scale to, or greater than our current portfolio of work.
It is expected that you will have an online portfolio showcasing process, deliverables and outcomes of previous projects. Provide samples demonstrating a range of artefacts developed in creating a variety of stunning user-centered design solutions.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of UI design best practices, as well as strong understanding of usability principles and techniques
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data. Such as conducting usability studies, performing user research and creating personas and journey maps
- Experience problem solving complex workflows, creating highly usable designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience delivering cohesive design systems for projects of large scope and complexity.
- Experience using relevant design and prototyping tools, and knowing when to use them appropriately.
- Familiar with technical considerations needed when designing for multiple devices.
- Able to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Strong knowledge of the web development process, tools and technology
- Expert at planning for and estimating design work
- Experience working with a component-led design system
- Familiar with facilitating workshop activities with clients and customers
Nice To Haves
Not absolutely essential to the position, but it would be great if you had knowledge or exposure to:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience organising and running moderated and unmoderated user testing and user interviews
- Understanding of print/graphic design and the generation of print-ready artwork
- Basic video editing capabilities
- Designing for large enterprise-level CMS platforms such as Sitecore
- Familiar with SCRUM / Agile methodologies
- Experience designing for Retail and eCommerce
Even if you’re not expert at everything listed above, you should be interested in expanding your skills, learning from your peers and from your own practice. You listen to feedback, you pursue improvement and you give yourself room to feel satisfied with what you’ve accomplished.
- You understand the difference between good design and great design.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate & justify design decisions clearly.
- You don't get too attached to your work, listen to the feedback of others and always look for the best outcome.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You are able to follow procedures and standards, but also be confident with introducing new ideas wherever you think improvements can be made.
- You enjoy engaging and collaborating with the team to not only bond, but generate and evaluate ideas.
- You hold yourself and others to be constructive, respectful and inclusive during all interactions within the workplace.
- You are a self-starter who takes ownership and accountability for their decisions, time and work.
- You have good personal time management and organisational skills.
- You can chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations.
Let’s get started
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity and you’re interested in joining our growing team, please apply by sending a copy of your CV and cover letter outlining:
- Why you should make it onto our shortlist for an interview
- A key project that you’re super proud to have delivered
- Salary expectations (including super)
- Your availability, and...
- Your portfolio with links to your work
This position is based in our Sydney office at 9 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and supports hybrid working environments (In Office & WFH).
Switch are an equal opportunity employer - we celebrate the diversity of our team and we believe that those focused on producing the best work create the greatest outcomes for our customers and themselves.
Applications are open to Australian residents only. Recruiters please do not contact us in relation to this role. All applications are treated as highly confidential.