A Word on Switch
Switch is a leading Australian digital agency, delivering beautifully crafted and award-winning digital solutions for clients such as HIA, Coates Hire, Cancer Council, Yamaha, Accor, The Wiggles, and Teachers Mutual Bank.
About the Role
At Switch the Junior Product Owner is responsible for supporting the product team, ensuring they have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently while also ensuring they produce impeccable features and functionality.
The Product Owner will help achieve this primarily by working with client side product owners to:
- Understand and communicate priorities to the product team
- Define and manage expectations around scope
- Refine their Backlog
On top of this, the Product Owner enables the effectiveness and efficiency of the product team by:
- Enable the effectiveness and efficiency of the product team by:
- Communicating client priorities
- Ensuring stories have the requisite detail
- Support the ongoing testing of the platform
What Are We Looking For?
A successful product owner at Switch should take pride in their work, have a positive attitude and show that you can not only work independently but also as a part of a team. You’ll be a self-starter who can prioritise and manage your workload.
Above all, your focus on quality is complemented by a passion for continuous improvement and a customer-first philosophy.
Your main duties & responsibilities are:
- Working with client stakeholders to understand and breakdown high level requirements into concrete epics & user stories to be implemented by the Product team
- Work with the Product Owner and key stakeholders to define the scope of work for developers and designers on a weekly basis
- Work with the Experience Design and Development teams to define acceptance criteria for each story.
- Work with the Project Manager or Scrum Master to plan test activities for each release
- Rigorously Test each release against agreed criteria before they are available for customer review
- Work with the Experience Design team to verify that the implementation matches the approved design
- Work with the Experience Design team to measure and evaluate how the product is used and if it solves the right problem
- Work with the Experience Design team to define and communicate the Product vision to a range of stakeholders both internally and with our customers.
- Using 3rd party tools to conduct non-functional testing, such as JMeter for performance testing, and using tools to check for common security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10.
- Updating the Project Manager and Development team on current project status. Highlighting and escalating potential blockers, showstoppers and risks issues to the team.
- Essential - HSC or equivalent
- Desirable - University Degree or TAFE level equivalent in an IT-related field
- Desirable - Agile certifications (Scrum Master or Project Owner)
We value common sense and practical experience as highly as any degree, so don’t be afraid of having a go.
The applicant should have 1 - 2 years experience in the development sector, preferably in an agile or agency environment, implementing development projects, writing articles on development-related topics or other
The successful applicant will need to have the following skills and capabilities:
- A passion for development. You want to help the development community be more efficient and for their work to have a bigger impact
- Fluent English speaker with good verbal and written communication skill
- Interested in developing end-user focused solutions, innovation, and technology
- Fast learner
- Ability to make things happen, results-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to see the big picture and have an abstract discussion, while also being able to pay attention to details
- Outstanding communication and consensus building skills. You are also comfortable taking ownership of projects and making decision
- Leadership skills, even without direct authority
Nice To Haves
Not absolutely essential, but it would be great if you had knowledge or exposure to:
- Requirements & UX Workshop Facilitation
- Understanding of Infrastructure Delivery
- Good understanding of Sitecore XM and XC
- Awareness of UX Design Principles
- Awareness of Digital & Technology Trends
- Prior BA or QA experience
- Atlassian admin experience
Even if you’re not an expert at everything listed above, you should be interested in expanding your skills, learning from your peers and from your own practice. You listen to feedback, you pursue improvement and you give yourself room to feel satisfied with what you’ve accomplished.
Let’s get started
This is a wonderful role for a unique individual that’s committed to the delivery of top notch projects. Attention to detail is absolutely essential as is taking care of our excellent customers.
Remuneration is at market rate, reflective of your skills and experience.
This role is full time and is located in our Sydney CBD office.
To apply, send us:
- a little about yourself
- your salary expectations
- availability, and...
- your resumé with links to your work
Applications are open to Australian residents only. Recruiters please do not contact us in relation to this role. All applications are treated as highly confidential.